The home page of the Taoist Cultural Arts Association.
We provide training in the Taoist Arts of the Lee style as taught by Professor Chee Soo. The Lee style is one of the oldest forms of Taoist training which was brought to the west in the 1930's and it still embodies the traditional Taoist methods from before the modern era in China. Our style has maintained its independence from western philosophy and materialism and has not been mixed with techniques from elsewhere. We are the only Association in the world today still teaching the authentic and complete range of the Lee style Taoist Arts and following exactly the same syllabus as taught by Professor Chee Soo. The main emphasis in Lee style T'ai Chi is on relaxation and health and it is based on Taoist philosophy.
- T'ai Chi Ch'uan - a traditional energy building exercise from ancient China with physical, mental and spiritual aspects.
- Traditional Taoist weapons forms including staff, sword, silk and fan.
- Anmo or Taoist energy meridian massage including basic theory of Chinese Medicine and diagnosis.
- Chang Ming or Taoist natural dietary therapy
- Feng Shou Kung Fu a soft but dynamic technique for self defence.
- Residential week courses at Easter and in the Summer.
Please feel free to browse the site if you want to learn more and you can always contact us if you need more information, or you can order some of Chee Soo's books which are currently being re-printed by Seahorse Books if you want to read up on the various subjects we have to offer.Follow @SeahorseArts Subscribe to our newsletter
The exercises we do in both classes are not strenuous and develop flexibility, posture and internal strength. We are not interested in competition so everyone is able to develop at their own pace. Our Arts attract a wide variety of people from all walks of life and is suitable for men and women of any age and level of ability so you can train with a partner at home or in the class.